‘Balholm’ is a Swan Class motor cruiser made from sustainable African mahogany on oak frames and was designed by the well-respected Alan Buchanan. She was built at the Mariners’ Boatyard at Bosham in Chichester harbour and was launched in 1961. Balholm has been in our ownership for over 23 years and has always been maintained regardless of cost. She was the subject of a comprehensive restoration when we first got her, the work carried out by Kingsley Farrington in Norwich..
She is 29 feet over the deck, has one large cabin and a huge cockpit well. A mahogany table bolts to the floor in either the cabin or this well, rendering her a wonderful boat for parties – six people can sit round with ease.
The interior sleeps three or can convert to a double. The galley consists of a good cooker and worktops, the heads have a recent marine loo attached to a holding tank and washbasin.
- Balholm was built as a seagoing boat so with the right equipment you can go almost anywhere in Europe that takes your fancy.
- She has a 50hp Shire diesel with 4-bladed propellor & rope stripper.
- She holds a current Boat Safety Certificate.
- Beaching legs and folding mahogany steps allow estuaries and sandbanks to be enjoyed.
- Comprehensive documentation includes a set of plans and a letter from the designer, the original inventory, launch day photograph and the Motor Boat Monthly boat test from 1962.
She is currently on the hard at Cox’s Boatyard, Barton Turf. Asking price is only £24,000.
Call Cox’s Boatyard to arrange viewing.
Contact Name: Eric Bishop
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Telephone: 01692 536206