Cox’s Boatyard Ltd aims to:
- Offer a high quality service to customers aiming to exceed their expectations and provide excellent value for money in an attractive environment
- Provide customers with a service that is friendly, helpful and caring, making them feel special and valued
- Balance the needs of the business with those of the environment, the local community and customers by adopting best business practices with reference to the heritage of the boatyard
- Continue to invest in facilities and the training and development of staff for the benefit of customers
- Ensure that the health and safety of customers, staff and visitors are of paramount priority at all times
Our commitment to our customers is to provide:
Moorings, storage and other facilities
- Safe and well-maintained moorings with adequate room for manoeuvring.
- Access to fresh water and electricity
- Clean shower and WC facilities for all berth holders (including disabled access)
- Adequate car parking
- Safe boat lifting (up to 35 tonnes) and slipway facilities (for non-keel boats up to 400kg) by prior arrangement
- Indoor and outdoor storage of boats and associated equipment
- Wi-fi to all our berth holders in the marina
- High quality restoration, service and repair of wooden and GRP vessels.
- Internal and external boat cleaning
- Experienced CORGI registered gas fitters
- Gas stockist on site
- Outboard & inboard engine servicing & repairs
- Boat chandlery (by arrangement)
- Boat Safety Scheme Test Centre
- Craning and storage
- Painting and antifouling.
In order to provide an excellent service to customers and achieve the business’s aims, we will:
- Publish a clear scale of charges and terms of trade to apply from 1st Aprileach year
- When requested, provide a detailed estimate of the cost of the requested work to be done. In addition, provide a written statement highlighting where additional work may be required
- Notify, as soon as practical, any likely significant deviation from the original estimate. Also a revised completion time scale if possible.
- Give customers progress reports including photos of the work when progress payments have been requested and at other times when appropriate.
- Agree a target completion date for work estimated for on confirmation of customer’s requirements
- On completion, all work will be subject to quality check procedures
- Customer satisfaction questionnaires will be issued on completion of work with a total value in excess of £1000
- Give customers requiring winter services the opportunity to specify their requirements in writing including confirmation of dates for lifting out and launching and re-commissioning.
- Provide clear, itemised invoices
- Inspect all boats in our care on at least two occasions per week to ensure that they are properly secured and protected
- Advise customers promptly by email or phone of any remedial action taken or required as a result of the above inspection. If action is required, the yard reserves the right to charge for any remedial work undertaken.
What we expect from our customers
Moorings, storage and other facilities
- Moor boats on the water in allocated space securely: (fore, aft and springs)
- Boats in the dinghy park should be stored in the allocated space tidily and safely
- Show consideration to other berth holders and their vessels
- All craft must have adequate insurance and a valid Boat Safety Certificate
- Manoeuvre boats with due care in the boatyard
- Ensure that boat covers, fenders, mooring lines etc are in good condition and are securely fitted
- Report any maintenance issues relative to the yard facilities
- Observe all requests and notices for the safe operation of the yard i.e parking areas, use of slipway etc
- Anti-social behaviour towards our customers and members of staff is unacceptable; such behaviour can cause discomfort, distress and may be dangerous. Cox’s Boatyard will not tolerate any such behaviour
- Ensure that up-to-date contact details are provided to the office at all times (telephone nos, email, postal address with preferred method of contact)
- Ensure that clear requests for work etc are given, ideally in writing
- Be responsive to emails or other communications
- Pay all invoices within the 30 days as per the terms of business
- Discuss any queries with Eric Bishop the Yard Manager promptly and, if necessary, with a responsible director:
If you are unsure about any aspect of this charter or require advice please contact email@example.com